Once the Chinese Bamboo Plant is planted, there is no visible growth for up to five years, even under the most ideal conditions. Then, as if by magic, it suddenly begins growing at the rate of nearly 2.5 feet per day, reaching 90 feet within 6 weeks!
The Chinese Bamboo Plant is a powerful illustration of the transformational impact of simple acts of daily discipline. Following are five simple acts of daily discipline that will help you grow in the five key areas of your life:
• Health: Exercise 10 minutes per day
• Relationships: Send 10 notes of appreciation per week
• Career: Read 10 pages per day from a self-improvement book
• Finances: Save 10% of your income for retirement
• Spiritual: Spend 10 minutes per day in solitude praying, reflecting, or meditating. Focus on the words, “Be still and listen.”
And remember, we all have to face the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. What’s your choice?